I have often been accused of being to harsh in my arguments against religion, as one poster (Joe) recently said “you don’t have to be an asshole about it!”.
Well it depends on how you look at it, from my standpoint i am exceptionally restrained in my posts against religion, because i have seen countless times how mindbogglingly dangerous and stupid following a religion is! You have to be a complete idiot to defend or follow any religion.
May i remind you about the ridiculous response from the Islamic community to the Danish caricature drawings.
Where i live, if you claim to be religious, people rightfully look down at you, you might as well claim to be a Nazi that believes in unicorns! Religious people are finding it hard to find work, (even though the economy is booming) their kids are ridiculed in school, etc, in fact society at large is starting to shun these religious morons and their stupid superstitions as they should be.
It will probably take 30 years but the rest of the world will follow, and free itself from these ancient superstitions. If we don’t the human race will go extinct, if we want to survive as a spices we can no longer afford to live our lives in a modern world while our mind is anchored in fairytale that stem’s from the bronze age.
Let me give you an example of why these beliefs are so dangerous and stupid. For example 50% of Christian Americans believe that Jesus will return to earth to judge humanity in their lifetime? 50 fucking percent! and why is this a problem you might say? well do you think these people care about pollution or global warming? i mean from their standpoint the entire world is going to end in their lifetime anyway!
Bronze age mindsets belong in the bronze age, not in todays society, yet still we have suicide bombers, creationists, sexual mutilation, etc, etc, etc the list of unnecessary suffering, cruelty, and stupidity goes on and on.
You might ask what right i have to make any claims about religion, firstly i have studies religion. (yes i have actually read all the stupid superstitious nonsense) I have also done a lot of humanitarian work all around the world, (i used to work for the UN) and there is but one common denominator to all the worlds worst conflict areas, this meaningless cruelty, opression and incredible suffering all around the world stems from one thing. Religion!
In fact i bet $1 000 that religion will be the cause of the following in the next 10 years
- India and Pakistan will fight a nuclear war over Kashmir.
- The middle east conflict will still be raging between Israel and all its neighbors.
- All religious African countries will still be corrupt and even worse off then they are today.
- Secular violence in Iraq will be even worse than today.
- Iran will still export the same things they exported when the priests took power, pistachio nuts and rugs.
- World wide terrorism anchored in religious superstition will increase dramatically.
- Afghanistan will still be a lost cause, a violent, dangerous, religious, tribal, wasteland.
- Western powers will drastically curtail immigration from all religious countries.
- More countries will free themselves from religious superstitions and these will be the worlds leading nations with hordes of people from religious societies knocking at their doors looking for a better life.
- The standard of living in all religious countries will stand still or continue to decline.
- America will turn towards atheism, in disgust of religious stupidity.
- Claiming to be religious will be frowned upon in most of the developed world.
By the end of 10 years religion will be responsible for the needless death and untold suffering of hundreds of millions of people.
Lets rip this festering, cancerous, puss ball from humanity and start thinking for ourselves! lets find out how we will deal with todays problems with todays knowledge, technology and frame of mind, lets forget this stupid archaic nonsense from the bronze age.